Students in the Intensive English Program receive personal attention from the program's staff. Special services include the following:
* These fees may be subject to increases.
- Orientation to the program, the Rice University campus and the city of Houston.
- A Rice University Student I.D. which entitles bearer to attend campus activities, such as movies, sports, concerts, free or at a reduced rate, and admission to the Rice University Center for the Study of Languages, Language Lab. The charge for the I.D. card is $10 per seven-week session*
- Access to the state-of-the-art Recreation Center for a fee of $65 per seven-week session.* Information about the center is available at recreation.rice.edu.
- Immigration counseling.
- Academic advising for college and university admissions.
- Student progress evaluation at the end of each session.
- Access to campus parking in assigned areas for $25 fee per seven-week session.*
- Student activities each session. Events have included picnics, rodeos, baseball games, talent shows, the rodeo, the circus, volleyball, bowling, movies, and field trips.
Students are responsible for making housing arrangements. This should be done as early as possible. Moderately priced facilities are generally available. Although the program does not provide housing or make housing arrangements, students may contact the Intensive English Program for a list of housing suggestions or visit the "Online Off-campus Housing Guide."