All students must complete the following steps to enroll in the program:
- Verify that you meet the admission requirements below before you apply:
|Pre-Collegiate Option||Grad Track Option|
|completion or be near completion of a high school diploma||completion or be near completion of a bachelor’s degree|
|a minimum high-intermediate level of English||a minimum high-intermediate level of English|
- Complete the application and payment here.
- Receive a Welcome email from email@example.com with information about the placement test.
- Take the placement test and receive the results via email.
- Receive an email near the Online Orientation start date with information about how to enter the online class website.
This part-time program is not available to students currently enrolled in the Intensive English Program. This is not an I-20 granting program. Those planning to study on an F-1 visa should consult the Intensive English Program.
Admission to the Online English and Academic Preparation certificate program does not constitute admission to any other unit of Rice University. Students will not receive academic credit for courses in this program.