English Success in the Workplace, an online, non credit certificate program, consists of three possible tracks:
- Online English Success in the Workplace Track I: 3 classes from low-intermediate to high intermediate/low advanced
- Online English Success in the Workplace Track II: 2 classes from intermediate to high-intermediate/low advanced
- Online English Success in the Workplace Track III: 1 class for high-intermediate/low- advanced
For help estimating your track, download a self- assessment handout in one of the languages below.
Using an integrated skills approach, these non-credit classes will help students develop fluency and accuracy in English by improving their command of English in the workplace and strengthening their communication skills. Students will learn through a combination of engaging instructional videos, discussion boards, practice activities with automated feedback, and assessments at the end of each unit.
This part-time program is not available to students enrolled in the Intensive English Program. This is not an I-20 granting program. Those planning to study on an F-1 visa should consult the Intensive English Program.
Persons applying for admission to English Success in the Workplace must have graduated from secondary school.
- Classes meet only online
- By 5 p.m. (CST) on the date of the application deadline, students will receive an email with instructions on how to complete the placement test
- Students will receive an email with their course level and login information no later than the last business day before classes begin
- All new students must complete the online orientation
- Students should plan to spend approximately five hours each week to finish all course lessons and assignments
- Students successfully completing their track will receive a program certificate. Students who do not finish their track receive a course certificate for each course completed.
All students must have:
- basic computer skills
- a strong internet connection
- a working computer microphone
It is also recommended that students have a working computer webcam.
Please contact us at email@example.com or 713-348-4019 to learn more about financial aid and scholarship opportunities for the Online English Success in the Workplace Certificate Program.