- Are the English Success in the Workplace courses 100% online?
Our English Success in the Workplace courses are totally online. You can log in and complete lessons and assignments at any time of day.
- Do I have to log into the class and participate at a certain time every day?
No. One benefit of these online courses is that you can participate at any time of day on any day of the week.
- Will learning English in an online class be the same as learning English in a face-to-face class?
No, it will not be exactly the same. Instead of physically seeing your instructor and fellow students in class, you will experience their presence through online discussion boards and messages. However, the activities and assignments in our online courses are designed to ensure that you still have opportunities for practice and interaction every week.
- How often will I get to talk to my teacher?
You can send your teacher an email at any time during the course and they will respond in a timely manner.
- How do I get to the course?
Your course is in a learning management system called Canvas. You will learn everything you need to know about Canvas during the online orientation for new students. However, you can also learn more about Canvas at their student guide website.
- Who should I contact if I have a question about my assignments or the course?
For these issues, contact your teacher. You will receive your teacher’s contact information at the beginning of the course.
- Who should I contact if I have a problem with Canvas or the video chatroom?
You should contact the Glasscock School of Continuing Studies Help Desk at email@example.com or 1-713-485-6112.
- Who should I contact if I have questions about registering, applying, making a payment or taking the placement test?
You should contact the Rice Language Programs Office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-713-348-4019. Office hours are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (CST), Monday through Friday.